Join the Organization Run by and for Artists
Art is serious business.
And we’re for serious artists.
Meet the illustrators and designers who run the Guild – professionals who are passionate about our work, and our community. We know how to value our work, charge for our talent, and protect our interests. We advocate for our rights and stand up for fair business practices.
When you join the Graphic Artists Guild, you’ll become part of our community of commited professionals who are working to change our profession for the better. We’re advocating for copyright reform that will truly protect the interests of individual creators. And we're on the forefront in pushing for fairness – in the court, and in how we run our businesses.
Join the Guild, and pick your prize!
Illustrator and author Michael Fleishman has donated to the Guild a library of his published books to entice new members. (Michael's also a dedicated Guild member. Is it any wonder we love our members?) Join the Guild, and select your prize (first come, first served, while supplies last)!
Receive tangible benefits:
• Free admission to live Guild webinars, and access to our vast library of archived webinars.
• A page in our member portfolios.
• A library of digital contracts to edit and use.
• Each new edition of the Graphic Artists Guild Handbook: Pricing & Ethical Guidelines.
• Discounts on professional services, publications, talent directory pages, etc.
Become an advocate, for yourself and for graphic artists:
• We advocate for llustrators and designers locally, and in DC.
• We educate the community, through our news articles, tools and resources, and student outreach.
• Guild members texchange information and ask questions at our monthly virtual get-togethers.
• As an active member of ico-D, we work with design associations around the globe.
• Interested in how you can advocate for artists? Members are encouraged to get involved!
When you join the Guild, you can claim your membership fee as an employee business deduction against your 2017 taxes. Check with your accountant or tax advisor for instruction on how to do so.
Join the Guild!
Only for working graphic artists who derive more than 50% of their income from their graphic art. Full members vote in our elections and may select up to three areas of expertise in their portfolio.
Alternate payment option:
Full members may also choose to spread their membership fee out over monthly $19.95 payments.
For those who derive less than 50% of their income from their graphic art. Associate members cannot vote and may select one area of expertise in their portfolio.
For those who are full time students. Student members cannot vote and may select one area of expertise in their portfolio.
*A one-time Initiation/Reinstatement Fee of $30 will be added.