09 May Promote, Negotiate, and Make Money
Excerpted from The Graphic Artists Guild Handbook: Pricing & Ethical Guidelines (14th Edition), edited by Deborah Kantor
Essential Business Practices for Today’s Creative Professional
The Graphic Artists Guild Handbook: Pricing and Ethical Guidelines is the cornerstone of all publications about running a successful illustration, graphic design, or web design business.
We’ve taken some of the Handbook‘s most valuable and immediately applicable content and made it available to you here for download. Promote, Negotiate and Make Money: Essential Business Practices for Today’s Creative Professional is twenty pages of practical business advice that will help you with the following areas of your illustration and design business:
- Negotiating and evaluating the terms of an offer
- What to do when a negotiation fails
- When to provide estimates
- When to bid on a project
- Deciding how to price your jobs
- Handling usage, reuse and royalty issues
- Per diem vs. hourly project structures
- Determining what billable expenses are
- Determining fair cancellation fees
- Job record keeping and billing procedures
- Collecting fees and dealing with nonpayment
- Marketing and promotion strategies
- Targeting prospective clients
- Strategies for maximizing your income
To receive this FREE whitepaper, email us and asked to be included on our contact list. By signing up, you will receive our newsletter and occasional e-mails about our advocacy work. You will have the option to opt out at any time.
Accessible for Guild Members
Guild members: if you don’t see the download link below, log in to Member Central.