Communications Manager Responsibilities
Full List of Communications Manager Responsibilities
Copywriting / Copyediting
We need a copywriter to be responsible for all of our written communications across all platforms — website, newsletters, social media, etc. You will help plan and produce all written content, with a role in either writing or editing everything before it is published, making sure it is written in our brand voice and reinforces our key messages whenever possible.
- Serve as an exemplary writer, producing clean, concise, well-polished copy.
- Edit content produced by teammates, including conceptualizing the projects upfront and copy-editing prior to publishing.
- Ensure all communications are consistent with the Guild’s tone and mission.
- Audit website and existing marketing communications from a content perspective, and implement revisions as approved.
We’re looking for a social media manager to grow our audiences, engage and retain them, and help convert them into members and active fans / promoters of the Guild. You should have command of best practices and trends in social media marketing, enjoy being creative, and understand how to both build and convert a digital audience.
- Manage our social media profiles and presence on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and potentially additional channels (YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.).
- Create shareable content appropriate for specific networks to both spread our brand and our content and links.
- Run regular social promotions and campaigns and track their success (ie, Twitter chats), as well as the content and links posted through these and other channels.
- Work alongside the Guild’s content producers to help distribute content that educates and entertains our audience.
- Drive consistent, relevant traffic and leads from our social network presence.
- Explore new ways to engage and new social networks to reach our target audiences.
Newsletters / Email Blasts
We’re looking for someone to both create communications for our mailing lists as well as edit communications created by others. This encompasses writing, proofreading, formatting within MailChimp, ensuring consistency across communications, and basic list management. The five regions of the Guild each compose a weekly member and non-member version of their newsletter, and you would also be responsible for 1-3 national email blasts per week. Occasionally, a topic-focused email campaign will need to be designed and implemented.
- Create and maintain a communications calendar to ensure optimal send dates for our many newsletters and email blasts.
- Manage and build various email lists and campaigns, including graphics, content, and calls-to-action.
- Build newsletters from a combination of writing, research, and aggregating content from other areas.
- Measure results and optimize the calls to action to convert subscribers to members.
- Work to minimize list decay and unsubscribes while increasing productivity of our email sends.