We are seeking a Part-time Regional Administrator for the East Region of the Graphic Artists Guild. This position is 20 hours per month to start, with opportunities to add additional hours, at $18 per hour.
Candidates must live within the East Region which includes;
Delaware, DC, Maryland, New York, New Jersey, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Virginia, and West Virginia.
Learn more about the region: https://graphicartistsguild.org/about/east/
Send your letter of interest and a résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
a) The Regional Administrator conducts the business of the Region, under the direction of the Guild’s Administrative Director, in full accordance with federal (national), state (provincial), and local laws and the constitution, by-laws, resolutions, and directives of the Graphic Artists Guild and its Board of Directors.
b) Regional Administrators will be responsible for regional communications and events, and other duties as assigned by the Administrative Director.
c) The Administrator serves the Region in performance of duties at the direction of the Guild’s Administrative Director and works collaboratively with the Regional Rep for regional event planning and communication.
d) It shall be the duty of the Administrator to attend all bimonthly meetings of the Guild’s Board of Directors as well as a monthly Administrator’s meeting.
Regional Administrator – Day-to-day supervision and direction by Guild’s Administrative Director. This is considered a part-time, contract position.
Regional Development – nurture, teach, and cultivate regional members. Establish and maintain effective relationships, through all means possible, to develop new regional leaders and volunteers, to welcome new members, to increase regional member retention, and deliver membership services.
– Assign/ask potential volunteer leaders, tasks and/or projects.
– Function as primary Regional liaison to internal and external audiences.
– Maintain Regional membership database.
– Answer inquiries and make referrals.
– Coordinate the election process for the Regional Rep position.
– Coordinate regional events and communications in collaboration with the Regional Rep.
– Promote/market regional events and projects to regional members/non-members and other industry related organizations.
– Coordinate and direct special regional projects and act as day-to-day liaison with the Guild office on behalf of the Region.
– Submit a monthly administrator tracking report to the Guild’s office.
– Other duties as assigned by the Guild’s Administrative Director.
– Attends meetings of the Guild’s Board of Directors every other month.
– Strong verbal and written communication skills.
– Strong organizational skills and abilities.
– Previous experience working with volunteers is helpful.
– Familiarity with the Guild and what we do.
– Some familiarity with issues facing the graphic arts industry.
– Attention to detail.
– Positive attitude.
– Ability to work with minimal supervision as well as part of a team.
– Handle multiple tasks at one time.
– Possess initiative, drive, and a sense of urgency to accomplish the goals and tasks assigned.
– Comfortable utilizing social media.
– Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, familiarity with Google Drive, MailChimp, Buffer, Slack, Zoom, EventBrite, and basic WordPress a plus.
Please send a statement of interest and résumé to:
Graphic Artists Guild,