Get the Money: Contracts and Collections for Graphic Artists and Designers
Presented by Greg Victoroff, Esq.
Whether full time employees or independent designers, graphic artists encounter a wide variety of written, oral and implied contracts. Without a strategic plan for collecting money, getting paid can be slow and frustrating, even catastrophic for a small business chasing a large receivable.
Join trial lawyer and arts-attorney, Greg Victoroff, Esq. to learn how to write short and easy, pro-artist contracts and collect debts and receivables.
● Contract tips and tricks to mitigate collection problems and get paid faster
● How to write your own bulletproof contracts
● Spotting and rejecting unfair terms before it’s too late
● Essential terms for every licensing agreement
● Employee vs. independent contractor contracts
● Non-disclosure and non-competition contracts
● Collaboration, partnership contracts
● Copyright, trademark and trade secret contracts
● Pro-artist “boilerplate” terms to demand in every contract
● Works made for hire contracts
● Agent and Rep contracts
● Model and Property releases
● Artists' right to recapture copyrights sold or licensed after 1977
● Artist’s debt collection crash-course: demand letters, small claims court, avoiding legal fees, writs of attachment, self-help
Greg Victoroff is a partner in the Los Angeles law firm of Rohde & Victoroff negotiating music and visual art contracts and handling trials and appeals in state and Federal courts. Certified by the State Bar of California as an MCLE provider, Mr. Victoroff frequently lectures to lawyers and artists across the US and Canada and Europe. Among other books and articles he has written, he is the editor and co-author of “The Visual Artists Business and Legal Guide” (Prentice Hall 1995) and a contributor to the “Graphic Artists Guild Handbook: Pricing & Ethical Guidelines” (GAG 2001-2012). www.rohde-victoroff.com email@example.com
Guild Members view this archived webinar FREE as benefit of membership in the Graphic Artists Guild.
Non-Members purchase this streaming archive to watch immediately - and as many times as you like by using the Paypal purchase option below. You will receive an email with a link to the streaming archive.
Get the Money (Streaming Archive of Webinar)
Presenter: Greg Victoroff
Recorded Running Time: approximately one hour
Providing an Entry Ramp into your Website & Avoiding Pot Holes on the Way
with Richard P. Jacobson & Haydn Adams
December 13, 2017
2 PM ET, 1 PM CT, 12 PM MT, 11 AM PT
1 hour + Q&A
Don't wait until it's too late! Learn about how the ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) can effect your business at our upcoming webinar. Richard Jacobson and Haydn Adams will tell you about the ADA and how it relates to the websites you design.
Members join for free - as a benefit of membership.
Follow the "Member Registration" button or email firstname.lastname@example.org directly. Include the name of the webinar, along with your name and member number. (We'll look it up if you don't have it handy.)
Non-Members - Can take advantage of "Early Bird" pricing of $30 through December 6th.
On or after December 7th the live webinar will be the usual price of $45.
Join us by following the "Non-Member Registration" button above
REGISTRATION ENDS 1 HOUR BEFORE THE WEBINAR