Get the Money: Contracts and Collections for Graphic Artists and Designers
Presented by Greg Victoroff, Esq.
Whether full time employees or independent designers, graphic artists encounter a wide variety of written, oral and implied contracts. Without a strategic plan for collecting money, getting paid can be slow and frustrating, even catastrophic for a small business chasing a large receivable.
Join trial lawyer and arts-attorney, Greg Victoroff, Esq. to learn how to write short and easy, pro-artist contracts and collect debts and receivables.
● Contract tips and tricks to mitigate collection problems and get paid faster
● How to write your own bulletproof contracts
● Spotting and rejecting unfair terms before it’s too late
● Essential terms for every licensing agreement
● Employee vs. independent contractor contracts
● Non-disclosure and non-competition contracts
● Collaboration, partnership contracts
● Copyright, trademark and trade secret contracts
● Pro-artist “boilerplate” terms to demand in every contract
● Works made for hire contracts
● Agent and Rep contracts
● Model and Property releases
● Artists' right to recapture copyrights sold or licensed after 1977
● Artist’s debt collection crash-course: demand letters, small claims court, avoiding legal fees, writs of attachment, self-help
Greg Victoroff is a partner in the Los Angeles law firm of Rohde & Victoroff negotiating music and visual art contracts and handling trials and appeals in state and Federal courts. Certified by the State Bar of California as an MCLE provider, Mr. Victoroff frequently lectures to lawyers and artists across the US and Canada and Europe. Among other books and articles he has written, he is the editor and co-author of “The Visual Artists Business and Legal Guide” (Prentice Hall 1995) and a contributor to the “Graphic Artists Guild Handbook: Pricing & Ethical Guidelines” (GAG 2001-2012). www.rohde-victoroff.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Guild Members view this archived webinar FREE as benefit of membership in the Graphic Artists Guild.
Non-Members purchase this streaming archive to watch immediately - and as many times as you like by using the Paypal purchase option below. You will receive an email with a link to the streaming archive.
Get the Money (Streaming Archive of Webinar)
Presenter: Greg Victoroff
Recorded Running Time: approximately one hour
What's the Difference?
Trademarks, Patents, Copyrights, & Trade Secrets Explained
with Mitchell Feller
Members join for free - as a benefit of membership. Follow the "Register Now" button
or email email@example.com directly. Include in the content of your email that you would like to attend the webinar and the name of the webinar, along with your name and member number.
Non-Members - Can take advantage of "Early Bird" pricing of $30 through
On or after April 12th the live webinar will return to the usual price of $45.
Join us by following the "Buy Now" button
Not sure what gift to give the creative entrepreneur in your life?
How about the gift of community and business advice from the Graphic Artists Guild.
The recipient of the Gift Certificate can choose from:
- an archived or upcoming webinar from the Guild's Webinar Series
- the purchase of the printed edition of the industry Bible, The Graphic Artists Guild Handbook: Pricing & Ethical Guidelines.
- or they can join our community by becoming a member
Whatever their choice, they will have a gift they love and you'll have their eternal gratitude.
Purchase a Graphic Artists Guild Gift Certificate, today!
Contact the Guild Office at:
or (212) 791-3400.
We'll forward a printable PDF.