Promote, Negotiate, and Make Money
Essential Business Practices for Today's Creative Professional
The Graphic Artists Guild Handbook: Pricing and Ethical Guidelines is in its 14th edition, and is the cornerstone of all publications about running a successful illustration, graphic design, or web design business.
We've taken some of the Handbook's most valuable and immediately applicable content and made it available to you here for download. Promote, Negotiate and Make Money: Essential Business Practices for Today's Creative Professional is twenty pages of practical business advice that will help you with the following areas of your illustration and design business:
• Negotiating and evaluating the terms of an offer
• What to do when a negotiation fails
• When to provide estimates
• When to bid on a project
• Deciding how to price your jobs
• Handling usage, reuse and royalty issues
• Per diem vs. hourly project structures
• Determining what billable expenses are
• Determining fair cancellation fees
• Job record keeping and billing procedures
• Collecting fees and dealing with nonpayment
• Marketing and promotion strategies
• Targeting prospective clients
• Strategies for maximizing your income
To receive a FREE download of "Promote, Negotiate and Make Money: Essential Business Practices for Today's Creative Professional", kindly provide your email information below. By signing up you will receive our monthly newsletter and occasional e-mails about our advocacy work. You will have the option to opt out at any time.
Download the white paper
Membership is the key to unlocking more than 20 contracts that can be downloaded, edited and customized for use in your business.
Available in Word or Rich Text formats.
Looking to keep up with industry trends and techniques?
Taking your creative career to the next level means you need to be up on a myriad of topics. And as good as your art school education may have been, chances are there are gaps in your education. The Guild’s professional monthly webinar series, Webinar Wednesdays, can help take you to the next level.
Members can join the live webinars for FREE - as part of your benefits of membership! Non-members can join the live webinars for $45.
Visit our webinar archive page, purchase the webinar of your choice for $35 and watch it any time that works for you.