Guild Member Discount for Design Thinkers 2015 Conference
Posted by Rebecca Blake on July 27, 2015
With over 2,000 attendees and 30+ speakers, DesignThinkers is Canada’s largest conference for visual communicators. It is a must-attend for any informed, forward-thinking creative, communications or marketing professional or team.
The inspiring event, now in its 16th year, breeds change agents who become drivers of innovation. DesignThinkers 2015, taking place November 12 & 13 at The Sony Centre in Toronto, will delve into industry trends with visionaries from a range of communications-related disciplines including design, user experience, advertising, branding, consumer engagement, film, social media and entrepreneurship.
Sessions teach delegates how to create effective communications by exploring cutting-edge innovation, the latest technology, demographic and ethnographic trends, strategic management techniques, cognitive theory and much more.
• Coralie Bickford-Smith, book jacket designer for The Odyssey, Little Women, the Sherlock Holmes series & more
• Cap Watkins, BuzzFeed's first-ever VP of Design
• Annie Atkins, lead graphic designer for Oscar-winning “The Grand Budapest Hotel”
• Robin Hunicke, co-founder, Funomena gaming studio
• Manuel Lima, Design Lead, Codecademy & Founder, VisualComplexity.com
• Sree Sreenivasan, Chief Digital Officer at the Metropolitan Museum of Art
• Austin Kleon, best-selling author of Steal Like An Artist
• Hjalti Karlsson, co-founder, karlssonwilker inc.
• Chris Dixon, Design Director, Vanity Fair
• Karim Rashid, renowned industrial designer
• Art Chantry, poster designer & creator of the grunge style
• Nathalie Nahai, Web psychologist
• Frank Chimero, author & founder, Another
Graphic Artist Guild Members are invited to register at the discounted “Group/Org Member” rate on the registration form. Click on the radio button next to “Member of Partner Organizations,” and select “Graphic Artists Guild” from the drop-down menu. Note that the Early Bird rate deadline is coming up on October 2!
Click here for information on travel discounts. Get full details and register at www.designthinkers.com.
How to Start your Very Own Communication Design Business!
Enter your email address below to receive a FREE download of "Starting Your Own Communication Design Business" written by Lara Kisielewska.
By signing up you will receive our monthly newsletter and occasional e-mails about our advocacy work. You will have the option to opt out at any time.
Looking to keep up with industry trends and techniques?
Taking your creative career to the next level means you need to be up on a myriad of topics. And as good as your art school education may have been, chances are there are gaps in your education. The Guild’s professional monthly webinar series, Webinar Wednesdays, can help take you to the next level.
Members can join the live webinars for FREE - as part of your benefits of membership! Non-members can join the live webinars for $45.
Visit our webinar archive page, purchase the webinar of your choice for $35 and watch it any time that works for you.